Friday, August 15, 2008

TIME TO START CHRISTMAS CARDS




Before you know it, Xmas will be around the corner, and the mad rush will be on to make Xmas cards. So I thought I would get a head start and make some now.

This card is made with Real Red, Old Olive and Whisper white, layered on top of each other. I have used the corner punch to make the scallops, and the 1/16in circle punch to decorate the scallops. I love this effect, and it's so easy to achieve on your cards. The Real Red striped grosgrain ribbon finishes it of beautifully (love this ribbon).

The stamp I used is the tree from the Loads of Love stamp. I used Versamark ink and coloured it with Old Olive from the pastels, and added dazzling diamond glitter all over it ( although you can't see this easily from the photo).

The greeting is from the Many Merry Messages stamp set, and it is finished with brads.

If you would like to get a start on your Xmas Cards, organise a few friends and ring me to arrange a workshop at your house. We will do a couple of cards and have some fun using some of the many products that Stampin'Up have.

You can amaze your family when you give them beautiful, handmade cards for Xmas.

If you can't arrange this, then you may like to come to cardmaking classes on Friday mornings and enjoy the atmosphere, make some cards, and have fun.

No comments: